Friday, June 12, 2009

It is time to update this post again...

I have been reading!
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. If you want to read about Pakistan and Afghanistans school children this is the book for you. It started out very slow for me, but once I knew what it was all about it became a lot clearer. I do recommend this book, it is hard to read with all these customs we are not used too, but I think it is interesting and I believe Greg Mortenson has his heart in the right place.

Diamond Willow by Helen Frost, this is a Texas Lone Star book and I read it for school. It actually is a pretty interesting book to read and gives you a bit of an inside into Alaska's wilderness. And if you want to know what a "Diamond Willow" is click here.

Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor, another Texas Lone Star. This is about the saddest book I have read in a long time. But I do recommend this one. No wonder our students are so messed up. A mother who loves her children, or so she says, but is never around to watch what they do or take care of them. The two youngest end up with their father when the oldest has to take care of them all the time. But because the oldest is not his child he can not get custody of her...I won't tell you the ending, but there are some interesting caracters and friendships in this book.

Reading Gym Candy now. Will have to post update later when I am finished with it!

No comments: