Monday, January 11, 2010

Comfort Food

Finished up a book yesterday! Yeah!!! I am trying to write them all down as soon as I read it...we'll see if that works. Plus I am going to have one list with all the books I read in 2010...one view of all of them...and how about a movie schedule too? Well, that might just be too much for me to handle...but we'll see!

Comfort Food: A Novel by Kate Jacobs

Praise for Comfort Food
"Kate Jacobs' breezy follow-up to her bestselling The Friday Night Knitting Club is a satisfying read that showcases Jacobs' skill in creating endearingly flawed characters… the kind of book you rush home to finish. "

– USA Today

"Gus and the show's cast, with their humor, moods, and romance, are the sparks that bring this warm and irresistible story to life. Highly recommended."

– Library Journal

"Lighthearted."

– Kirkus Reviews

"Comfort Food is good for the heart and soul."

– BookPage

My review: I liked it. Romance, cooking, family, stress, just real life (plus a bunch of...can you believe this). It is an easy to read book by the author of "Friday Night Knitting Club" which I read a year or two ago. There is a sequel to FNKC and I guess that's the next one I need to get. - this is not a kids book (this is for Jason who thinks that's all I am reading), but it also doesn't have blood and guts spilling all over, but some good competition between two extreme cabable women.

No comments: